The 3M™ Multi Gas & Vapor Cartridge 6006 helps provide gas and vapor protection in a variety of environments. The cartridge may be used for gas and vapor concentrations up to 10 times the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) with half facepieces or 50 times PEL with quantitatively fit tested full facepieces. Recommended applications for the cartridge include assembly, batch-charging, chemical clean-up, chemical transfer, cleaning, hazardous waste handling, painting, pouring molten metal. Inventory needs and training requirements for safety equipment are reduced because this respirator cartridge selection works for many different applications. Industries in which this cartridge is commonly used include chemicals, mining, oil and gas, and primary metals.
This multi gas and vapor cartridge works with 3M™ Half and Full Facepieces 6000, 7000 and FF-400 Series with bayonet holders. The cartridge is NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) approved for environments containing certain organic vapours, chlorine, hydrogen chloride, chlorine dioxide, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, ammonia, methylamine, formaldehyde or hydrogen fluoride. The cartridge has been assigned the colour code “olive” in the NIOSH system.
- Swept-back design allows an enhanced field of view and comfort
- Bayonet compatibility allows use with many 3M half and full facepiece designs
- Wide range of applications reduces inventory needs
- Simple installation and usage requirements reduces training requirements
- NIOSH approved for protection against certain organic vapours, acid gases, ammonia, methylamine and formaldehyde
- Includes 2 filters